Punto Banco is a variant of the card game Baccarat, which is a pure game of chance. Here’s a quick review as well as rules and the opportunity to try playing for free.
Punto Banco, in all its simplicity, involves betting on whether you win, the bank wins, or it will be a draw. Player and bank each get 2 cards, a 3rd card is drawn depending on the outcome of the first 2 cards.
The cards are drawn from a deck containing 4, 6 or 8 decks of 52 cards.
On the table, you can thus put your money on either: Punto (you), Banco (the Bank) or (Tie) a tie.
Not many online casinos with a license in Denmark offer Punto Banco, but we have found the game at SlotsMagic and EU Casino.
* If you bet on Punto and win, you get your bet 1:1.
* If you bet on Banco and win, you get your bet 1:1 minus 5%. What we say if you bet DKK 10 and win, you get DKK 9.50 in profit.
* If you bet on Tie and win, you get your bet 9:1
The card values
* Suit is subordinate to Punto Banco.
* Cards 2-9 correspond to their numerical value.
* The cards 10, Knight, Queen and King all correspond to 0
* Ace corresponds to 1
Sum of the card values in Punto Banco
The value of a hand in punto banco is the sum of all the cards modulo 10, which corresponds to the right digit of the number. Eg. card combination 2+3=5=5 whereas 6+7=13=3.
The combination 4+6=10=0 (also called Baccarat)
How to play Punto Banco
Start by choosing how much you want to play for and then place your bet on either Punto, Banco, or Tie.
Click Give Card
Dealer now deals 2 cards.
If player or banker or both get 8 or 9 in the first 2 cards, this round stops and the one with the highest number wins. if not, a 3rd card is drawn according to the following rules.
The player: If the player has 0-5, a 3rd card is drawn for the player. If player has 6 or 7, player stands.
Bank: If the player has 2 cards, the bank draws a 3rd card if the bank has 0-5.
If the player has 3 cards, the banker does the following:
1) if the player’s 3rd card was 2 or 3, the banker draws a 3rd card if the banker has 0-4.
2) if the player’s 3rd card was 4 or 5, the banker draws a 3rd card if the banker has 0-5.
3) if the player’s 3rd card was 6 or 7, the banker draws a 3rd card if the banker has 0-6.
4) if the player’s 3rd card was 8, the banker draws a 3rd card if the banker has 0-2.
5) if the player’s 3rd card was an Ace, 9, 10 or face card, the banker draws a 3rd card if the banker has 0-3.
You can improve your chances of winning the most popular casino games by reading our casino strategy.